STREAM 3: Healthcare innovation and the future patient experience
Welcome from the Chair
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Human-first healthcare: 10 ideas to reduce hospital waiting lists and minimise staff burnout using human-first design
Why design thinking holds the key to patient empowerment, battling care backlogs and beating burnout
Professor (Hon) in Digital Health, Institute of Digital Health, Warwick Manufacturing Group, Warwick University, Chief Clinical Informatics Officer CCIO Chief Medical Information Officer CMIO, Consultant Urologist, George Eliot Hospital, Nuneaton
PANEL DISCUSSION: Innovative ways to tackle the backlog and improve healthcare delivery
Our panellists discuss the impact Covid-19 has had on HSE ‘business as usual’ care delivery, with thousands of patients suffering from the cancellation of their procedures and treatment. We will explore how our already stretched health service can deal with unprecedented demand and discuss solutions for catching up and restoring normal care delivery, while ensuring the needs of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged patients are taken care of.
Dr Thorsten Giesecke
General Manager, Commercial Business, Janssen Sciences Ireland UC
PANEL DISCUSSION: Innovation in healthcare: Transformative trends to advance patient care
- How has the pandemic affected business models?
- What are the priorities for investment?
- Where is there room for collaboration?
- Technology solutions for hospitals of the future: will the rise of remote care lead to ‘hospitals without walls’? How could the patient experience evolve and improve?
- Examples of innovations that are here to stay and scale
- Privacy and cybersecurity concerns
Chief Executive Officer, PMD Solutions
Director, Digital Transformation and Open Innovation, HSE